Chakra trauma healing is a process in which multiple systems are involved. This method provides a thorough cleaning and removal of the traumatic energy from the chakras system.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this post may contain some affiliate links. Click here to learn more
It takes into account the connection between the physical, spiritual, and mental well-being of the clients.
The healing treatments of traumatized chakras work through natural methods that include meditation, breathing exercises, psycho-therapeutic methods, and specialized body scanning procedures.
Table of Contents
What Is Trauma?
Trauma is a psychological, emotional response to an event or an experience that is deeply distressing or disturbing.
Traumatic experiences often involve a threat to life or safety, but any situation that leaves you feeling overwhelmed and alone can be traumatic, even if it doesn’t involve physical harm.
It’s not the objective facts that determine whether an event is traumatic, but your subjective emotional experience of the event.
The more frightened and helpless you feel, the more likely you are to be traumatized.
Trauma can be caused by one-time events like an accident, assault, or disaster.
But trauma can also result from ongoing, relentless stress such as living in a crime-ridden neighborhood or battling a life-threatening illness.
Sometimes the trauma is clear and easily identified as traumatic: being raped or having a heart attack.
Other times trauma sneaks up on you: your parents’ divorce when you were young, for example, may take years to have its full impact on your mental health and well-being.
People react in different ways after experiencing a traumatic event. Some people will recover quickly and naturally after a period of distress; others may develop longer-lasting difficulties that require professional treatment.
What Is Energy Healing?
Energy healing is the practice of channeling positive energy into a person who has negative energy.
This practice is based on the belief that the human body contains seven chakras or energy points.
The goal of healing is to cleanse the body of negative energy and open the chakras so that they can absorb life-giving positive energy.
All energy healing practices are based on this simple concept. However, there are many different techniques for doing so.
Energy healers may use crystals, sound waves, aromatherapy, or even touch to manipulate your body’s energies.
Energy healing is an alternative form of treatment that does not require any medications or surgical interventions.
This makes it an attractive option for people who have reservations about traditional healthcare methods.
However, it is important to note that there are no conclusive studies substantiating the effectiveness of energy healing.
The human body has an energy field that permeates and extends beyond the physical body. This energy field is referred to as the biomagnetic sheath or the aura.
It is through this energy field that our chakras receive and transmit life force energy.
The chakras are energy centers located throughout your body. They receive, assimilate, and distribute the energies of life all around you.
Each one of your seven main chakras contains hundreds of minor chakras.
Each main chakra corresponds to major glands and organs in your body, as well as your emotions, mental functions, and states of consciousness.
Although there are many different types of energy therapies, they all have one thing in common – they balance and align the flow of energy moving through your body’s energy systems (meridians) and chakras, promoting healing on the physical, and mental, emotional, or spiritual levels.
What are Chakras?
Chakras are the energy centers of your body. They are like wheels, spinning around and absorbing and releasing energy.
Seven chakras in the body run from the base of the spine to the crown of the head.
Each chakra has a different function, and when it is unbalanced, you might experience negative feelings or health problems related to that chakra.
For example, if your heart chakra is unbalanced, you might feel unhappy or lonely because you are holding on to lingering feelings of grief and anger.
Likewise, if your root chakra is unbalanced, you may have trouble with your finances because you are not grounded and centered enough to focus on making money.
If a chakra is blocked for too long, it can lead to serious health problems that affect the organs related to each specific chakra.
There are seven chakras in the body:
- The root chakra, sacral chakra, solar plexus chakra, heart chakra, throat chakra, third eye chakra, and the crown chakra.
- The root chakra is located at the base of the spine and is our foundation. This represents our feeling of being grounded and secure.
- The sacral chakra is located just below the navel and is responsible for our sense of abundance, well-being, and pleasure.
- The solar plexus is located between the navel and rib cage and is responsible for personal power, self-belief, confidence, and self-worth.
- The heart chakra is located near the heart and deals with love, forgiveness, and compassion for others as well as ourselves.
- The throat chakra controls communication from verbal to nonverbal expression as well as listening skills.
- The third eye is located between the eyebrows and controls intuition, imagination, wisdom, and dreams.
- The crown chakra is located at the very top of the head and is associated with the brain, nervous system, and pituitary gland. A balanced crown chakra allows us to have a deep sense of spirituality, connection to the divine, access to inner wisdom, and a feeling of oneness with others
The Steps Of Chakra Trauma Healing
For those ready to begin the journey, here are the steps of chakra trauma healing:
- Consciously release past experiences, allowing for deep cleansing and healing
- Learn how to activate, cleanse and balance your chakras and energy field
- Take a closer look at yourself and your relationships
- Step into your power by embracing self-love
- Discover different ways we repress our emotions and open up to them in a healthy way
- Get more in touch with your intuition, body, mind, and soul
- Let go of the need to control others and learn how to empower them instead
Root Chakra Healing
The Root Chakra is the first Chakra of the body, located at the base of the spine. It is associated with grounding and feeling safe in the world.
When balanced, it allows us to feel confident and in control of our lives.
When out of balance, it can manifest as fear, anxiety, insecurity, and a feeling of not being safe in the world.
The color associated with this chakra is red. The root chakra influences our lower body regions: feet, legs, tailbone, and hips.
Its also associated with our teeth, bones, and adrenal glands. A healthy root Chakra helps you feel safe, secure, and stable.
Unbalanced Root Chakra – Symptoms of Imbalance
If this chakra is underactive, you may experience:
- Lack of energy, fatigue, or apathy
- Insecurity, anxiety, or fearfulness
- Feeling unsafe or disconnected from your body
- Financial instability or lack of resources
- You may have an overactive root chakra if you experience:
- Aggression, anger, or excessive competitiveness
- Excessive materialism or hoarding tendencies
- The fanaticism with extreme views
- Physical pains in your legs and feet
Healing Your Root Chakra
There are many ways to heal your root chakra:
- Meditation on the root chakra through breathing exercises will help you to clear any blockages and realign the energy flow
- Essential oils that are great for healing this chakra are patchouli, vetiver, black pepper, and sandalwood
- Crystals like hematite, black tourmaline, red jasper, and bloodstone can be used to heal this chakra
Sacral Chakra Healing
The Sacral Chakra is located in the lower abdomen, just below the navel. The color associated with the Sacral Chakra is orange.
The Sacral Chakra is associated with emotions and creativity. When this chakra is balanced, we feel free to express ourselves or what we are feeling.
When it is out of balance, we feel depressed and uneasy.
Signs that you need sacral chakra healing include:
- Difficulty feeling emotions
- Issues with creative expression
- Fear of change
- Lack of sexual desire
- Sexual dysfunction
- Addiction problems
- Withdrawal from healthy relationships
CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO
Solar Plexus Chakra Healing
The Solar Plexus Chakra is the third chakra and is located above your navel. Its Sanskrit name is Manipura, which means “lustrous gem” in Sanskrit.
This chakra is all about self-esteem, self-confidence, self-worth, personal power, and responsibility. It’s associated with the element of fire and symbolized by the color yellow.
The Solar Plexus Chakra is associated with the digestive system (which makes sense given that it’s located near your stomach and intestines), so any imbalance in this chakra can manifest as digestive issues.
When the Solar Plexus Chakra is Blocked:
A blocked Solar Plexus Chakra can cause ;
- Digestive problems
- Liver disease
- Anxiety disorders
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Nervousness or any other illnesses related to digestion or metabolism.
Some of these imbalances include:
- Feeling confused
- Lack of self-esteem or self-worth
- Inability to make decisions
- Blaming others for your problems
Healing Your Solar Plexus
If you need to heal this part of yourself, I recommend trying one or more of the following:
- Physical exercise
- Essential oils such as bergamot or ylang-ylang
- Foods such as bananas, yellow peppers, corn, lentils, and chickpeas provide a boost to this chakra
- Yoga poses such as Boat Pose and Bow Pose can help activate this chakra.
- Consciously breathe in the color yellow to energize this region of your body.
- Visualize the color yellow radiating from within your navel area through your whole body, filling any areas that feel dormant with energy and light.
- Place a few drops of lemon essential oil on a piece of tissue and inhale to help clear blocked energy in this area.
Heart Chakra Healing
The heart chakra is located in the center of your chest. Its color is green and it’s associated with love, joy, compassion, and inner peace.
If your heart chakra is overactive, you may feel like you’re constantly giving to others without receiving anything in return.
You may also be full of anger and resentment for people who have hurt you.
If your heart chakra is underactive, you may feel like you’re constantly lacking love in your life.
You may also find that you struggle to forgive people who have hurt you in the past.
When It Is Blocked You May Feel:
- Lack of trust in others
- Inability to forgive
- Lack of connection with others
- Lack of compassion for others
- Inability to share your emotions
- Anger towards yourself or others
When It Is Balanced You May Feel:
- Compassion for yourself and others
- Connection with people, animals, and nature
- Unconditional love for yourself and others
Healing Your Heart Chakra
- Eat green foods.
- Connect with nature.
- Practice forgiveness
- Improve self-esteem
- Talk about the pain you have been through
- Get help from someone else in the medical field
- Learn how to trust people again
- Meditate on love
- Practice self-love
Throat Chakra Healing
Throat Chakra is associated with the color blue and is located in the center of your neck, at the base of your throat.
The energy of this chakra allows you to communicate effectively, truthfully, and creatively. It also connects your mind to your body.
This chakra can become blocked when we have a hard time expressing ourselves, either through our creative endeavors or through speech.
If you often keep quiet to avoid conflict or speak harshly, your Throat Chakra may be affected.
The health of your Throat Chakra has a direct impact on the health of your thyroid gland and parathyroid gland.
A blockage in this chakra may manifest itself as sore throats, laryngitis, or thyroid problems.
Here are some ways you can unblock and heal your Throat Chakra:
- Be honest with yourself and others
- Do not be afraid to express how you feel or what you think
- Let go of the fear of judgment or criticism
- Speak up for yourself when needed
- Develop good listening skills
Third Eye Chakra Healing
The third eye chakra is the sixth chakra. Located on the forehead, between the eyebrows, it is the center of intuition and foresight.
The function of this chakra is driven by the principle of openness and imagination.
The energy of this chakra allows us to access our inner wisdom, clarity, and our ability to think, see and plan.
When It Is Blocked You May Feel:
If your third eye chakra is closed or unbalanced you may:
- Lack imagination
- Have learning difficulties
- Vision problems
- Depression or nightmares.
- You may also be overly critical or judgmental.
- An overactive third eye chakra may cause you to be overly analytical and intellectualize everything too deeply.
- This may cause you to lose sight of the bigger picture because you are so focused on every minute detail.
Healing Your Third Eye Chakra
There are several ways to heal your third eye chakra and keep it open:
- Meditate on this chakra with deep purple or white light
- Burn some incense such as frankincense or sandalwood
- Place a crystal such as amethyst, sodalite, or fluorite on your third eye center
- Do yoga postures that stimulate your Third Eye such as headstands, downward-facing dog, and camel pose
Crown Chakra Healing
The crown chakra is the seventh chakra and it is at the top of the “chakra ladder” which starts from the root chakra that grounds us on the Earth and progresses upward to the Sahasrara which connects us with the universe and the Divine source of creation.
The word Sahasrara means “a thousand petals” in Sanskrit, and it is located at the crown of your head.
When it is open, you are fully connected spiritually and with your inner divine source.
When it is under-active, you may feel disconnected from your spirituality, apathetic, or even depressed by life.
When it’s over-active, you may have a hard time being grounded and find yourself overly focused on spiritual matters to the point where you are disconnected from your body.
The Crown Chakra is located at the top of the head. This chakra connects us to higher consciousness and our spirituality.
When this chakra is in balance, we feel spiritually connected, open to new ideas, and in touch with our intuition.
We may also be at peace, humble, and able to see the beauty in life.
When this chakra is out of balance, we may feel spiritually disconnected from others, depressed or uninspired.
We may also feel physically ill, have insomnia and headaches
Healing Your Chakra Healing
Some ways that you can heal your crown chakra are by:
- Meditating with a clear mind
- Practicing yoga and breathwork
- Spending time in nature
- Using essential oils like lavender and jasmine
- Coloring or painting
- Reading spiritual texts
What Chakra Heals Trauma?
Traumas are often stored in the Manipura chakra. Those suffering from PTSD frequently feel as though they lack power, strength in decision making, and identity, and these symptoms are influenced by this energy center.
What Emotions Are Stored In The Root Chakra?
War, starvation, natural disasters, and any other events that threaten our fundamental survival are all documented inside the Root chakra's energies. These memories get imprinted in the subtle body (life energy) and are handed down from generation to generation, resulting in unconscious generational patterns.
Which Chakra Should I Heal First?
The Root Chakra Some say that this wheel-like energy point in the human body serves as the basis for the entire chakra system. Some energy healers even believe that in order to balance the other chakras in the body, the root chakra must first be healed.
Which Chakra Is Responsible For Shame?
Our sacral chakra influences our emotions, sexuality, creativity, and manifestation as our second energy point. These are all interconnected, and when we hold tremendous guilt or other unpleasant emotions about one, it may have a significant impact on the others.
Which Chakra Is Trust?
Can Someone Block Your Chakras?
However, emotional upheavals such as a marital conflict, a personal loss, or even an accident can cause these chakras to become blocked. A blocked chakra can cause physical, emotional, and spiritual health issues.
A trauma, if left untended, will not just disappear from a person’s psyche. Instead, it will adversely affect that person as he or she ages.
Proper chakra trauma healing can help the person undergo profound positive changes in his or her psyche.
These changes can hopefully prevent any additional traumas from happening to the person and further change his or her outlook on life.
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT: If this post was helpful or if you have anything you want us to write on. Thank You much Love 🙂 ❤